Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Waka Ama Event - Why I Would love to be in a Waka Ama Race

I Would love to be in a Waka Ama race. Waka Ama racing would be a good experience to teach me about the safeties about the water and help cop me into rowing and stirring like a rafting boat.
Why I would love to be in a Waka Ama race is that it would be interesting and exciting to do something new and be in a team game with other amazing and passionate people to be aboard with.

I have been to a Waka Ama Event this year, it was good to cheer on my older sisters Waka Team From Tamaki College. They did amazingly well and it was all for there team work,high spirits, the positive attitude and humble attitude that it got them through there where they are now.
That is what inspired me to have interests in this water based event and hoping to go there next year when I start Tamaki College.

Thanks for reading and Have a Happy Hot Holiday Y'all :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paris,

    That's awesome that you would want to be in a Waka Ama race! How impressive!
    How cool that you've been to a Waka Ama event this year and that you got to cheer on your sisters. I hope that you are able to do this next year too.

    Have you done lots of rowing and rafting before? It sounds like you know what you're talking about!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paris,
    Nice to see that you really got inspired by your older sisters & friends about this race. I really like that you state clearly the reasons why you would like to participate, such as safety around water, team work, positive attitude and so on. I can see that you have an open attitude towards new experiences which is such a valuable skill to have nowadays.
    Perhaps in the future you could organise your text structure more clearly. For example the first and the second sentence on this written you repeat at the start 'I would love', perhaps you could use another word to begin the second sentence such as: also or furthermore. Also, I would like to suggest that you read out loud before publish your written as this practice will help you to analyse and check for clarity.
    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete