Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Setting Sail - My Message to you Jacob


[24/7/1783] - Day 24.
Dear Jacob,

I am nervous and feeling sea sick, it's been so long since i've seen land. I'm worried the waters of this mighty water will swallow me up in its big blue mouth.
It feels like forever since i've eaten fresh pig meat or cow meat. i'll make sure to always write letters to you.
It's been a long journey but I will make it out in the end, it will be worth the while of searching...

From Paris.

[3/8/1783] - Day 34
Dear Jacob

I'm terrified right now, its been 34 days since i left the village and it's getting harder to survive. we had to stop on a close island and camp there. were waiting for the big blue water to settle and wait until sunset.
its been amazing and breath taking, wish you were here. i've been fishing and it was fun. I really wanna show you how much I have improved throughout the journey, even show you my skills in fishing, I bet I can beat you no doubt. See you in the long run. From Paris

[1/8/1783] - Day 52
Dear Jacob.

We've finally made it!, I Can't believe it but we have. I'm scared about what we will find here but the view is amazing, we will be sending people back to get you all. in the mean while I will keep sending you letters about my journey. I will finally show you this amazing greenstone I found, the men on my boat made it into a necklace that is blessed by the gods above. I will present it to you when you come. I can't wait to see you, From Paris.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paris,
    Your post shows that you understand the task very well! I think that is great that you named a person that you are writing the letters to. You also talk about the emotions and doubts that you went through during your journey and that makes your writing really compelling. Furthermore, the way you date the letters showing a time line throughout the journey made it very realistic. Awesome job here Paris!!

    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete