Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Poi Rakau - Maori Traditional Game

The Maori Game I Chose to talk about is Poi Rakau, This game I have played at school. it was an awesome experience and everyone enjoyed themselves. I recommend everyone trying out this game because of its awesome type of playing style. Here is the link to the game if you want to watch it again. https://www.r2r.org.nz/games-activities-maori-youth/poi-rakau.html

The name of the game is Poi Rakau

The main goal is improving hand eye coordination and also increasing confidence around rākau. Dont forget to have thought ;).

The 2 rules are:

  1. the rākau placed standing up on the ground and wait for Maui/Matou to be called out. The players leave their rākau and move quickly to the left or right trying to catch the rākau before it touches the ground.
  2. A player can be out if they don't catch the next rākau or make a bad pass (where the other player has NO chance of getting to the rākau before it hits the ground or is poorly stood up).


1 comment:

  1. Hi Paris,

    Me again!
    Well done! Another great activity from you. This is a really cool game. I have played it a few times and always enjoy it. Have you played it before? If you haven't, I suggest that you do! It's very fun.

    I agree that this game does improve your hand-eye coordination! My hand-eye coordination is pretty good because I play the piano so maybe that is why I enjoy the game so much.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete